View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mrs. D...

Thank you for the lengthy reply and your time! I wrote a very detailed resonse several days ago but it's not here? Not sure what I did wrong so I will try to retype as best I can...

I am currently on:

b12 methyl. inj sub Q 1x a week
r lipoic
b1
b6
ala
coq10
fish oil
lcarnatine
probiotics
vd3 50,000 a week
glutathione
folate

I started this complete protocol a little over 2 weeks ago. i'm not certain your recommendation for the amount of B12 injections? How many do you suggest weekly?

I have met with 2 top nuero's in NYC and both stated the lyme disease is rapidly becoming more recognized as a reason for SFN. I can't remember exactly how the nerves are affected but I know the disease attacks every system in the body..cells, nerves, tissues, organs, etc. Naturally the question in the back of my mind is, if there is an underlying disease, will supplements help? My infectious disease doc feels the only way to get at the SFN is to aggressively treat the lyme but I'm not so certain. I've had lyme for at LEAST 12 years that Ive known of and in hindsight probably should have been more consistent in treatment(been on and off IV drugs 5 different times but not consistently- who knew!?). I have been extremely aggressive the past 2 years- since this pain in my feet started-and Ive seen ZERO improvement. In fact, it's begun to advance up my calves a bit. I just increased Neurontin to 3900 mgs and it's not cutting it.

This has been quite the battle and I'm truly not sure if I'm targeting the RIGHT thing here...

Any suggestion/advice would be greatly appreciated!! I thank you so much in advance for the time it may take to reply..

BTW, is it appropriate for me to reply here or should I PM you??

Kate
kate525 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote