View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SnooZQ - More to do

I wish I had any kind of expertise in the area of health sciences, but I don't - just one college course in chemistry and one in biology many years ago. I am posting stuff about fibromyalgia almost as soon as I come across it on the internet. But here are a couple of things that you might consider.

Even though I do not have fibromyalgia, I am not as energetic as I would like to be. One thing that helps me a lot - both for helping me take fewer naps and also for helping to make my thinking clearer - is chia seeds. This is the article that got me interested in consuming chia seeds:

http://www.thechiaco.com.au/history.htm

If you want to try out smaller amounts, you might be able to get it from your health food store. But this is where I order mine from - 10 lbs. at a time. For my wife and I, we use about 1 oz. per day for the two of us:

I put a little less than 16 oz. of water in a shaker, add 1 oz. of chia seeds and shake thoroughly. I drink 4 oz. of the mixture twice per day. Chia seeds are a source of omega 3 fats.

It is possible to get a whole house fluoride filter. The filter contains some kind of aluminum compound which grabs onto the fluoride. If you want to drink your tap water, you will need to further filter the water to eliminate any aluminum that escapes from the fluoride filter. It's not cheap though.

Last edited by Chemar; 03-03-2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: commercial link removed
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote