View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was on Prednisone for about a year to the date. During that time I was also taking Mestinon. I have been off prednisone for about a year and a half(besides the times I take it for other reasons). I am currently only taking half a pill of mestinon every once in a while. My neuro told me it will be a medication I will have to take for the rest of my life. I think I will be ok with just taking half a pill every once in a while lol. I am back to full strength. The only reason I take the half a pill is because at the end of the day sometimes I get a bit fatigued.

I am not sure how common it is. Right now I am in a study to try and figure out if treatment with just medication is enough. My stats will be compared with another individual in the study who has had a thymectomy and is receiving medication. I think MG is just so rare that it is hard to tell what is the proper treatment.

I think your neuro isn't telling you anything longterm because MG is fickle. You never know how you will feel the next day. Your treatment could be going really well but the next day it could all change. I have just learned to go with the flow. You will have your good days and bad days. You just have to keep your head up.
koilover512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote