View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 04:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello to All.This is my first time posting here

I had my first back surgery in 2002,for spinal stenosis.I hate to say it, but it was the most painful experience ever after surgery.The surgeon did not prescribe the necessary pain killers, and it was hell till I was transferred to a hospital that new what was necessary to stop the pain, and they brought it under control in 2 days.Unfortunately it did nothing to help with back pain and I had to have a spinal fusion at L4/L5,L5/S1.with a cage a year later. Then I was told I had failed back syndrome. A spinal cord stimulator was put in and it had helped to a degree.I also have been taking percocet 10/325 4 or 5 times a day with fentanyl patches 200mg every 2 days.They recently added lyreca,without much success.
Now Im told they have to fuse L2,L3 and insert another cage.
After reading the reponses here it doesnt sound very encouraging,but I dont know if there is any other options.I can barely walk without shooting pains in my legs and severe weakness from the knees down .
I know everyone is going to say just because it didnt work for them,doesnt mean it wont work for me.but trust me,I am always one of those who it doesnt work well for in the long run.
But what other options are there.I tried therapy,have had several steroid injections, and the pain killers aren't doing the job anymore, and the pain is getting worse.
Was it less painful after the surgery for those who have had this surgery or about the same.
My wife is against another surgery because I now have diabetes and 2 stents in my heart and there is risk invovled with another operation.I am 64 years old.Thanks for any responses.
NyGuy
NyGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote