Thread: New Orthotics
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question New Orthotics

I was wondering if anyone with RSD in their feet and legs has had a problem with new orthotics. I also have bone spurs in my hip, recently discovered, and the Dr. prescribed new orthotics to better align my body and try to take pressure off the spurs. I've worn orthotics for more than 20 years since surgery for neuromas made no improvement in pain that turned out to be RSD. These new ones set off terrible back pain, actually spasms of pain in addition to my "normal" burning/stabbing both feet and left leg pain. Has anyone found that their RSD body just can't handle changes? It was suggested to start wearing the orthotics 2 hours a day which I shortened and then at the Dr's. suggestion brought down to 20 min. The 20 min. caused a bad enougt reaction that my husband thought he might have to bring me to the ER(it was Sun., of course). Any thoughts? As I'm sure you all can understand I'm so tired of hurting. Having something cause more pain is just not something I want to deal with.
I've only written on here once, but just reading and knowing there are others who understand what it is like to have this devil of a disease helps. Thank you all for taking the time to share ideas and help others dealing with RSD.
NanaBWK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote