View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Renhenne!

I have RSD in both my lower extremities and brachial plexopathy in upper extremities. I have both a cervical and lumbar neurostimulators and am in love with them both. Having the batteries implanted is a nuisance, I won't deny that..... but the trade-off is worth it for me. I am completely off meds except for flare-ups. My relief story is very similar to Mark's. YET, with having the RSD, the one thing the stimulator does not help with is the burning feeling on the surface of the skin --- my doctor says the neurostimulators control pain from the inside out and generally does not give pain relief to the skin itself.

It is worth looking into. They give you a 'trial' surgery where they put the leads in your spine with the battery outside of you to test if the stim would work for you before having to decide if you want the permanent battery implanted.

Good luck with your decision. i just remember being in so much pain that I was willing to try just about anything. I am fortunate to be a success story, as I know not everybody is.

Vanna
vannafeelbettr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (01-26-2011), Mark56 (01-25-2011), renhenne (01-30-2011), Rrae (01-26-2011)