View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It has been almost a year since I had the concussion. Is there any research on concussion nutrition? I am very interested in finding out more about eating to heal. Since my sport had weight classes, I am used to watching the quality (and quantity) of what goes in my mouth very closely.

My diet has plenty of lean protein, leafy greens and veggies, and very little simple carbohydrates. I supplement with fish oil for omega-3s (at roughly 1.5g EPA, 1g DHA per day) and multivitamin.

I haven't looked at the amount of B-vitamins and folic acid in my diet - what do these help with? I may be a little deficient since I don't eat much carbs (and therefore not much in the way of grains), but I think my multivitamin may help out there.

I will look into having hormone / vitamin tests done; it is time I had a complete physical anyway.

My symptoms are rarely bad enough to confine me to bed all day. I guess I am struggling psychologically with how much my dizziness / nausea / headaches have limited what I can do. Although I am much improved since they were at their worst, it still does not feel good to feel sick all the time. Plus my brain doesn't feel right - I can't describe what the problem is, it just doesn't feel right. The social isolation doesn't help either with feeling good.

I am feeling good enough to exert myself more cognitively and I am finding deficiencies in memory, attention span, and information processing. Is it worth getting a neuropsych test to see how bad these are? I am currently able to read a bit and do some games on Lumosity as therapy.
ConcussedJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote