View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
I experience my symptoms in a way that I haven't seen described here, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

I have various symptoms through the day, worsening as the day wears on--weakness in my arms, legs, and neck, etc. But sometimes, usually in the evening, I have some sort of attack that lasts about half an hour. I get really weak, weak enough to collapse, all at once. Lately I'm also a bit short of breath when this happens. I lie down, and in half an hour or so I feel better.

I used to take Mestinon when this happened, and in half an hour I'd feel better so I thought the Mestinon was making me stronger. But now I'm not taking it at all, and I get stronger in half an hour anyway.

When I have these attacks, I can feel them coming on--they're not gradual. It's pretty extreme--I have to lie down or I'll end up on the floor. Does anyone else experience something similar?

Thanks.

Abby
yes, I have them and I have no doubt that they are MG related. I have no other medical problem and never had. mine last much longer (although they can be short as yours) are now accompanied many times by respiratory failure and would respond to neostigmine. It was much worse on steroids and improved significantly with ventolin. they can occur any time during the day.
they confused almost every neurologist that I have met.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote