View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face Hey Roper...I understand your frustration....

I am a Kaiser member also, but in Los Angeles. Fortunately, I have had nothing but exemplary and compassionate care from my Neurologist. He is the head of the Neurology dept in LA and also in charge of the Intern Program. He also teaches at UCLA. He always is willing to spend as much time with me as I want (although I do have to wait several months for an appointment). I can also call him or email him with any questions and he is always willing to order the necessary tests for me.

That being said, Kaiser does hire good docs. I take it based on your location, you are going to the Roseville Medical Center? You may want to look into going to the Sacramento Med Ctr or better yet..take the drive and go into San Francisco. It appears the Neurology staff at Roseville is all new to Kaiser. You can look at the individual docs on the www.kp.org website (which is temporarily down today ). Try to google and find out who is teaching the interns in Neurology in Kaiser Northern Cal and make an appointment with that person.

On the other hand, given your increasing symptoms, the ER is always an option. Again, ytry at least for the the Sacto Med Ctr. There has to be a Neurologist on call 24 hrs a day.

Don't give up hope...I've had great service and treatment from Kaiser...and you can too as soon as you get connected with the right doc.

Ann
ann-elizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote