View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, everyone. I wondered for a while if it was a blood sugar thing, but since I tuned into that, I find it happens regardless of whether I've eaten recently or not. Sometimes it hits me in the late afternoon, before dinner, and sometimes in the early evening, after dinner. If it weren't for these attacks, my MG would be easier to live with, since my other symptoms are mild, compared to many people here at least.

I have been assuming it's some sort of surge of antibodies. When I was suffering from Graves (took a while to diagnose that one, too) it was the same thing--it came in surges.

I hadn't had one for a while, but I got one last night. I am experienced enough now to feel it coming on, which is a very useful thing! I can lie down and avoid the collapse.

The first time I noticed my MG symptoms was one of these attacks. I collapsed onto the floor, without understanding what had happened. My doctor was sure at first it was some inner ear thing, but there's no dizziness, vertigo or light-headedness involved: my legs simply can't hold me up anymore, that's all. It took a few months for me to understand that and explain it to my doctor.

My neuro said I undoubtedly had MG for months before this first attack (which makes sense--the onset would correspond with my Graves disease relapse), with symptoms too mild to notice.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote