View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default broken wings....

i have a small pond in my backyard that frank and my son put in for me after my mom died.in 1998......i go out there and 'talk' to her.......i love it....it is a preformed one .....................

i have several koi, and several water plants........i don't know what state you are in, but here in michigan it gets really cold. i have water lillies and others i don't know their names ...but after november, i cut the plants way down, and drop them to the very bottom of the pond so no parts of the plants are visible.....then all winter the pond is mostly frozen, and there is a small heater there to avoid total icing....the fish go dormant, they swim very little, and do not eat....then in the spring, wha la......they are fine, the plants are put back on the small shelf of the pond and they are fine and grow once again...........the lillies are pretty, however, the flower part only lasts about two days and then you have to wait for the next blooms.............
i noticed that when i posted the photos of my flowers, i forgot to add one with the finished product of the flower ball, so i will add it to this post......................
there are two small goldfish that emily added to the pond too, and they are doing well...........
Attached Thumbnails
What hobbies have you been able to do with RSD/ CRPS??-backyard-shot-jpg   What hobbies have you been able to do with RSD/ CRPS??-backyard-jpg   What hobbies have you been able to do with RSD/ CRPS??-emilys-saras-growing-fast-jpg   What hobbies have you been able to do with RSD/ CRPS??-impatients-filled-jpg  

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote