Thread: my offer
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Sorry I touched such a nerve. I was asking for a genuine answer. There are many here who were not here when you were posting. While you have been gone, there has been plenty of discussion about using chiros, especially Upper Cervical Chiros who help with the C-1/Atlas subluxations that can cause so many of the PCS symptoms and are frequently caused by head impacts.

There are plenty of pros who use a wide variety of treatments. The big question is: Which treatment was the effective one?

Prolotherapy has no use for PCS. It may help with joint/connective tissue injuries but has no use with PCS. I dread the patient who allows a prolotherapist to inject an inflammatory antagonist near their brain.

I can see its value with sports injuries. There is a sports medicine technique that uses the inflammatory reaction to stressing the injured tissue to enhance healing. It was pioneered by Richard Stedman, M.D. of the Stedman Vail Clinic back when his office was in Los Gatos CA and consulting to the US Ski Team.

Cranial Sacral Therapy has a wide range of applications and techniques but none address PCS. The spinal manipulations may be helpful with neck issues that manifest as overlapping with PCS. Some DO's have developed excellent manipulative skills through their Cranial Sacral training. They often develop their own variety of CST from their personal experience with patients.

Regarding the NeuroScience protocol, $500 is a chunk of change for many of us. Plus, the Pharmasan Labs lab work is expensive and rarely covered by insurance. Treating the brain and body holistically with good nutrition and supplements creates a lasting benefit beyond the short term value of an expensive NeuroScience protocol.

I would be surprised if you don't need to restart the NeuroScience protocol after a time of illness or stress. Your brain has been compromised and will be easily injured in the future. My regimen keeps me quite stable through thick and thin. As an added value, I rarely get sick. When you reach your 40's and your PCS returns, you will better understand what I mean.

btw, I bet a thorough NeuroPsych Assessment will show that you still exhibit PCS symptoms. Glad they are not prominent in your life.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote