View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 10:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When my B12 was tested it was about 4 months after the neuropathy had started to turn to pain. In order to stop the neuropathy, i went on ridiculous amounts of antibiotics and remian on them today(oral VS IV now however). They may have prevented the neuropathy from healing if they soaked up the B12 I had. I am going to request another look and will stay on them as Dr. Snow mentions. I have other neuro problems as well so at this point, why not?!

I recently had heavy metals testing done(not sure how reliable the testing is) and I came back high for mercury, lead and gadolidium. The integrative doc I see naturally feels I should chelate (orally not with IV) and of course get all my mercury fillings out !! I have read that mercury can cause neuropathy so of course it peaks my interest but I was wondering if you've got an opinion on metals and/or if you have any valid articles to point my to?

Lastly, I'm preplexed over the neurontin. I understand I should never stop with out counsel from my doc but i doubt he would ever advise it since it's all he's got to offer(plus IVIG). I have such pain in my feet w/out it, I don't know how I could survive. When it's doing it's job, I feel nothing! Bear in mind I am still fighting a ton of other issues from the lyme so the relief is MORE then welcome. However- I HATE HATE HATE being on pain meds like this and know that my body prob can't tolerate going up much higher then I already am-3600. How do people like yourself survive the pain? Or, has your pain loevel decreased to where it's "tolerable?" I know you listed your meds but none of them are real big guns, w/ the exception of the ocassional Tramadol. In additon to the Neurontin Im on 150 of Trileptal and .05 of Ativan for sleep at night. If I were to come off and truly gage the pain(as of right now when I break thru the meds the pain is round the clock with no trigger-it just "is") are these meds the type one could get back on with the same efficacy?

Sorry for the long reply!

Kate
kate525 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote