View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie59 View Post
Is anyone familiar with the study on mice with mestinon that showed that mestinon caused them to startle when without they would not. When I was first on mestinon it seemed to be very mildy like that for me tho now it is just the opposite. It puts me to sleep!

Annie59
Annie59, I hadn't heard of this study with mice. I'll look it up. Mestinon makes me feel nervous. I have reduced the dosage so it isn't as bad as it used to be but still, the Mestinon makes me feel a bit crazy and jumpy. I prefer this feeling to laying in bed weak, which would be the alternative to Mestinon for me, but still I wonder sometimes if this nervousness I feel from Mestinon, which sometimes causes my MG symptoms to get worse, could be bad for me in some way.

Oh, my neuro says that Mestinon can't make a person feel nervous and jumpy. He said this after I told him that it makes me feel crazy(with details). I get so nervous at times after I take Mestinon that I avoid people. I get so nervous at times I stutter and shake (I wasn't this way before I started Mestinon)...maybe it is time to reduce my dosage again, I'm still within the range my neuro said was okay...

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote