View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

For me, the side effects when I started Tysabri were minimal. I had a sore throat after three or four infusions, it appeared that the parts of my tonsils that grew back after a tonsillectomy many many years ago were inflamed. It was mild, more irritating than anything else, and stopped after a few infusions.

I literally haven't been sick with the usual maladies at all since I started; no colds, no stomach bugs, nothing. I had an appendectomy, I had salmonella from something I ate, and I had a UTI for the first time ever. This is since 2007. I haven't called in sick to my job since 2007, was out on medical leave for the appy, was on vacation when I got the salmonella and went to work when I had the UTI.

I was nervous when I started, wondering what ailments I would get as a result of using Tysabri. I calmed down after 6 infusions and now it's just another day. I don't know if I am just lucky or that the revved up immune system that goes with MS is working, but for me, it's a normal life since I started.

I had #48 yesterday. No problems, no concerns, in and out as usual. I met with my neuro afterwards. He told me I am disgustingly healthy and told me to get lost. It was 15 minutes, in and out of the appointment.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (01-28-2011), daisy.girl (02-07-2011), Grammie 2 3 (01-29-2011), Natalie8 (02-12-2011), shayna (02-20-2011)