View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 90 Days Post Reboot Update

Hi,

Thought I'd update you on my status, for the one or two who have been following this treatment. For a quick review: I had high dose cyclophosphamide (immune system reboot) Nov 5-9, 2010.

I have been feeling very well since about Christmas Eve. Before then, I was pretty week and still had a lot of MG symptoms. Since then, I've become totally functional, and practically symptom free.

I saw my neurologist this morning and she was impressed. The last time she saw me before the reboot she did a disability screening scale on me and I had a score of 19, with mostly bulbar, but generalized weakness present. Today she repeated the screening, and I scored a 3. I still have residual eyelid and lip weakness as well as a touch of neck weakness, but everything else is NORMAL!

She was so impressed, in fact, she says that she will now feel comfortable offering this treatment to others, especially those with bulbar weakness. I was the first one at this center to try the reboot so I'm proud that because of me, others might too get help.

I don't know how long this will last, and yes, I still take Cellcept and some IVIG. Over time, if I continue to be stable, we may try and wean those away, but for now...to have my LIFE back...it's a small price to pay.

Anyway, thought I'd update. Feel free to ask questions.
4-eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (01-29-2011), mrsD (01-28-2011), rach73 (01-29-2011), suev (01-28-2011)