View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Ricardo,
I was dignosed at 25 after my 3rd son was born. I did have a Thymectomy when my son was 5 weeks old. It was painful and scary, but it did help. My breathing troubles have gotten much better, and the progression of my MG has slowed. I have geberalized with bulber, occular, pretty much everything is affected. I am considered moderate to severe. I was taking Prednisone, up to 25 mg a day, but I kept getting infections which was making my mg much worse. So now I'm down to 5 mg Prednisone, 6 60mg mestinon, 2 180mg timespan, and 3 azathioprine a day. I also have monthly IVIG infusions. All of this and I can't clean, can minimally cook, and basically sit around waiting for a good day to get out of the house. I know the aza is scary sounding, I've been on it about 4.5 months, with no improvement yet (it takes at least 6 months to kick in). But something I've learned over the last year and a half, having a healthy life, with a good amount of strength is very important. I would recommend any medicine that would help your wife get as much strength back as possible. This disease can send you into a deep deppression, so i would also strongly suggest anti deppresants and a therapist.

How long has she been sick?
Jessica
sugrkiss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote