View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello All,

Thanks so much for the replies. I have not had a chance to reply to your messages until tonight. I wanted to note that, based on my documentation, everytime I have spoken to my mother on the phone for the last 2 weeks or so, she has sounded very strong with regards to the tone in her voice. I think this may be a function of the fact that she has reduced her ldopa intake to around 4 - 6 pills of 25/100 IR per day as opposed to the extremely high dose that the doctors had her on a few months ago in attempts to truly understand her reaction to ldopa in general. I might also add that since she has been undergoing her lymphedema therapy for the excess fluid retention in her legs, I have noticed that she is able to rise from a seated position much more quickly than prior to the therapy, and, I have also noticed that her movement while walking appears to be much quicker and more fluid, e.g. much less "stops" after taking a few paces, then starting again.

She does continue to state complaints of loose bowel movements but she has not had the diarrhea in a few weeks. My aunt, my mother's sister, who is an RN, has also attributed and suggested many of the diet recommendations that everyone has made thus far.

We continue to take it one day at a time and also continue to hope for the best.

Many thanks to the continued support and suggestions.

All the best,

Matthew R. Smith
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (01-28-2011)