View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Angry Oh *fantastic*! /sarcasm

Just walked into our storeroom...where I discovered WATER all over the floor! Right beneath the furnace and humidifier.

We just had the heating company here about two weeks ago because the humidifier had pink ooze-ish goo all over it and coming out of the drain hose. Tech cleaned it all up and killed the pink stuff with bleach. Replaced the old filter with a new filter. (I should go look and see if we have any more pink ectoplasm in there)

Now I have water all over the floor in there...and on my two vacuum cleaners, all over the bottom of a particleboard bookcase and on a portable hard drive and my Dances With Wolves special box set of videotapes.

Water + Particle Board = sagging shelves and MOLD (eventually)

Thank goodness my yarn and fabric stashes that were in the room were in nice waterproof Rubbermaid totes. (fabric I can wash, but yarn...not so much) The water just ran under my plastic totes instead of into them. I think I might have to buy stock in Rubbermaid.

I'm actually glad the water hit the bookcase, because if it had gone the other direction it would have gone into the closet under the stairs where I keep my Xmas stuff (most of which is still out in the family room...yay for being lazy putting stuff away) and it also could have ended up ruining our brand new carpet in the hall. So, I'm kind of glad to lose my Dances With Wolves videotape set and a hard drive rather than a bunch of brand new carpeting.

Gonna wait till things dry to see if the vacuum cleaners are still usable. Kind of hoping they're not. I need an excuse to buy a Dyson.

Why is it always at midnight when I have to do an emergency heating/plumbing call to get things fixed? Good thing they were here just two weeks ago "fixing" the humidifier...and we have the fancypants service contracts with them. No charge to have them come out at midnight. (yay!) If it's going to break, breaking within two weeks of them trying to fix it is a good time for it to break...under warranty!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-29-2011)