View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wasabi,

I looked at the article on F poisoning in guinea pigs. I guess I wonder why the common lab findings like hematocrit, Ca level wouldn't be screwed up in humans (me) like they were in those piggies. I'm guessing I have a lower level contam, or more of a chronic prob rather than an acute toxicity.

I wonder whether some kind of "challenge" test could be done for F as they do for heavy metals, like mercury.

I appreciate the advice on the water filters. Hadn't heard about the Al one, only the reverse osmosis. Also, I am familiar with chia seeds, and use them on occasion. Haven't been extremely impressed with what they do for me, however I appreciate their historic value & know they are extremely nutritious.

Although I know that for myself, F is definitely one of my fibro triggers, I am troubled that in several yrs. of talking up the fluoride hypothesis among fellow sufferers, virtually none of them has found F to be a trigger. A few (not all) have done F elimination, without observable change. So, I gotta wonder.

There is quite a lot of research showing a significant subset of fibro sufferers having low-grade viral infections, and companion research showing good improvement in fibro symptoms when this subgroup is given antivirals. Not generally recognized in clinical med yet, though. Whether there is an effect immunologically from the F -- quite possible, given its widerangeing nasty effects.

I am very concerned at the impact of fluoride on all people & the entire environment. I've even panned moving to one locale where an aluminum smelter was located. Al smelters put out TONS or airborne F, and a lot of it settles into the soil, gets into the groundwater.

There is so much groupthink in the clinical communities, dental & med, that sometimes I despair. One of my periodontal hygienists has MS & is married to a physician. She noted my refusal for topical F & inquired why ... "educating" me of how safe the fluoride really was ... to which I respectfully requested she search Medline or Google Scholar ...

Keep up the good work, Wasabi.
SnooZQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote