View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for this info. She was really discouraged so this gives her hope!! I am sure I will have more questions as the days go by.

QUOTE=Reddawn600;739510]An 8 is great progress already and if it's only in her arm, I would think she has an excellent chance at keeping it there s

It does tend to reach a plateau at times in the hospital tho but then after coming home, day after day and week after week, you ca week after treatment.

Also, going home from a week in bed is not the same as out patient treatments and she will be uncomfortable and likely have some side effects for few days or so and it's all very normal but unfortunatly stuff Dr's don't have time to tell you about in advance so if you have questions, keep asking, I remember them all well.

If her pain level hits that plateau, instead of asking her pain level, if you can, just try to distract her and keep her spirits up. Nothing upset me more then when I saw the look of fear and concern on my fiance's face as he spoke with my Dr on day 4.

When I saw my Dr a 6 wks later, he was shocked at how well I was doing so you really never know.

The blocks if done in the hospital are usually just more for exploratory means to see if they can try to pinpoint the source but if it is only in her arm, they probably wouldnt do it.[/QUOTE]
betsykk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote