Thread: New Orthotics
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Nana,

I go back and forth on orthotics and yes, changes can absolutely make a huge difference in pain levels as can the shoe you're wearing. I also have terrible sciatic pain alot. I did find some good relief from a really unlikely (and cheap source). I kept asking one Dr. ( excellent one but feet are not exactly his specialty so he kind of ignored the question but I thought I had plantar fascitis) and then tried this arch support. I don't have high arches but this one little thing has helped so much of my pain when I'm even just walking around the house or out anywhere. For $5, might be worth a try? I definitely notice the pain come back if I'm not wearing it.

http://www.amazon.com/PediFix-Bandag...6325173&sr=8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaBWK View Post
I was wondering if anyone with RSD in their feet and legs has had a problem with new orthotics. I also have bone spurs in my hip, recently discovered, and the Dr. prescribed new orthotics to better align my body and try to take pressure off the spurs. I've worn orthotics for more than 20 years since surgery for neuromas made no improvement in pain that turned out to be RSD. These new ones set off terrible back pain, actually spasms of pain in addition to my "normal" burning/stabbing both feet and left leg pain. Has anyone found that their RSD body just can't handle changes? It was suggested to start wearing the orthotics 2 hours a day which I shortened and then at the Dr's. suggestion brought down to 20 min. The 20 min. caused a bad enougt reaction that my husband thought he might have to bring me to the ER(it was Sun., of course). Any thoughts? As I'm sure you all can understand I'm so tired of hurting. Having something cause more pain is just not something I want to deal with.
I've only written on here once, but just reading and knowing there are others who understand what it is like to have this devil of a disease helps. Thank you all for taking the time to share ideas and help others dealing with RSD.
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NanaBWK (01-30-2011)