View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anastasiaelena View Post
Thank you for your quick response. It's great to see people understand these difficulties. It certainly can get discouraging after a few years. I'm 43 with two kids and hope to get back to somewhat normal someday.

btw I will be trying the Buffalo method to try to help regain my ability to exercise. I had started with it last month, but reinjured my head when I missed a step and jarred my body a couple weeks ago. I was able to cycle for 20 min with my heart rate at 110, which was good for me. In a couple weeks I'll start back.

I have read all their published studies and their stats for sucess are good. But they haven't included any subjects with symptoms as long lasting as mine, so we'll see. Thanks again
Hi,

I experience what feels like pounding heart palpitations sometimes. And sometimes when I can get up from lying down too quickly, my heart rate accelerates and pulse drops.

As Mark mentioned, I think going to a doctor who can accurately test your hormones and treat imbalances is very important. I think hormonal problems (for me, much of hormonal imbalances seems to stem for the brian injury) generate some of this. I also have hypoglycemia, which can be influenced by hormones/brain issues, and when I have a hypoglycemic episode, I get heart palpitations, along with headaches. During these times, I am also more prone to dizziness.

Having a good eating schedule and cutting down on sugar and white flour has helped me tremendoulsy. I'm quite sensitive and things like beans can make my blood sugar dip. Having snacks with me (protein/fat, with a little salt, very low sugar) is helpful too.

I have also found that having a small snack before I go to bed (ie rice crackers- not rice cakes- with almond butter and a little sea salt) helps to get through the night. If my blood sugar drops in the middle of the night I wake up with heart palpitations. Not sure if any of this will be relevant to you- but I hope it helps. And I hope you find something that is helpful in alleviating the heart issues.

-Hazzell
Hazzell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anastasiaelena (02-02-2011)