Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanb View Post
Laura, I agree

Maybe I HAVE lost some driving ability, but:
-- I don't talk on the phone when I drive
-- I don't eat when i drive
-- i only take a quick drink of water at stop signs
-- I keep both hands on the wheel
-- I don't put on make-up when I drive (I used to commute in the DC area and you saw everything)

So if they are going to measure my driving ability, measure it against the drivers without PD who talk on the phone while eating and putting on make-up (or shaving).

Jean
I know I get too worked up over this, and I fully understand at the level of sudden sleep onset, nor would I ever consider driving under-medicated. I learned that being over-medicated is just as questionable for entirely different reasons. That, if they were conducting research to actually help us live life to our full potential, would be welcome to know that even being slightly dyskinetic and driving do not mix. However, it more feels like we are being targeted and labeled; this is the troubling thing.

I read so many posts on YO forum about folks who inadvertently spilled the beans at motor vehicles department and lived to regret it. They now need submit neuro's permission, plus more frequent testing, must inform auto insurer, opens a Pandora's box...
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote