View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hazzell,

I too need to eat too before bed so I can sleep. I am reactive hypoglycemic. Cinnamon-raisin bread toast with cream cheese on it is my current food. I used to have cinnamon on peanut butter on whole grain (7 grain) toast with butter. I gained too much weight. Now, with the raisin bread, I have lost 12 pounds and still sleep OK.

Cinnamon is a good ingredient to help insulin balance. My wife buys the cinnamon in bulk and I probably eat at least a pound of it a year, maybe 2.

You said <And sometimes when I can get up from lying down too quickly, my heart rate accelerates and pulse drops.> Do you mean your pulse rises than drops or does your pulse rise and BP drop? Heart rate and pulse are the same thing. Sounds like you had a brain fart. That is when the brain does something unexpected and stinky. I've learned to laugh at my many brain farts.

btw, I have had my blood sugar drop to the 40's during the reactive gyrations. I now am much better at sensing my need for energy and have avoided the low glucose levels for quite some time.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote