View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you for your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadabound View Post
Thank You Lori, guess i was just frustrated and wondering what others do when there spouse is in such pain, but its true laugh together find the fun in things and we do just that , and i know some days are dimonds and some are coal and we do take the good days with the not, , your husband sounds like mine does try to help even with his pain and , and bravo to you both, maybe i should take my post off of here now i i got it reality put me back into my palce, theres no magic solution just us together being happy as you can toether and lori i give you points for saying outloud no sex hubby cant with meds and pain and it isnt any fun being in pain how can it be im understandable of that keep smiling .
I met my partner in a dating for disabled website few years ago. Its been a long road, full of love and mutal learning. And i believe this will be a work in progress untill our lives end... we are a very young couple, he is kidney transplanted, has cataract and corneal erosion on both eyes. i have neuropathy,RSD, all the side effects and emotional issues that comes with our condition. He deals better than me with his health but today we respect each other and never underestimate each others health. Theres no worse or better, we all have our weakness, and healthwise theres no place to comparisons. we sum our strenghts and share to make our life a happy one as much as possible. Dividing tasks, taking care of each other in what is needed, finding a different ways to have a pleasurable intimate life, having a good laugh, wipe the tears on those bad days and having our own space... all this together help to manage stress. Argues are rare nowdays, sturboness never win, we have to find a point of mutation, where we can agree. One like red, and other blue, that has to be fine. Diversity and differences can make life more interesting and richer, when we leave the heart talk and put the ego to sleep. I try to find a point to replace boredom, frustation with understanding, gratitude and excitement in little things in our life together.
Its not simple to be a disabled person and a carer of our loved ones, but inconditional love guide us. Patience, creativeness, willing to support and respect. And fundamentally having knowledge about the other condition; theres no need to be an expert, just knowing what is, symptoms can explain a lot and bring us confidence.
I hope you and your loved one find your way. Yes life can be more liveable, believe me
lots of love
Carla
CarlaDanDan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote