View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I've spent a lot of time airloft

You clearly need the extra help and there's nothing easy about flying these days that's for sure. My solution is to fly first class. Now before you think I've lost my mind, sit down and do some simple math with me.

Add on the cost for luggage. This is anywhere from $100 or more round trip. Beverages while airborne run $3 and up per drink and the list just keeps going on and on. Instead look at all the extras you get for free when you upgrade to the front of the plane. First you get a whole lot more comfort. You won't be stuffed in like a sardine. Since most planes actually pay for the cost of the flight/fuel/staff by filling up the coach section, the profit most airlines make is in first class, so they do everything to make sure these customers are happy and come back. I look at it this way. Am I worth $20 to $50 per hour I'm in the air for all this extra care and service? For me the gimp, the answer is yes. I'd rather travel less but be a whole lot more comfortable even though it does cost more. By purchasing your tickets far enough in advance, you might find it more affordable than you think. Happy flying. Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhyte View Post
Hi everybody-

I am in need your help, if you don't mind. I have CRPS in my left foot, left leg, and right leg. I'm about to fly to see my best friend for a week in TX, so I have a couple of long flights ahead. Now other than requesting help from the airline to push me to the gates, and priority seating, and such (already set up), I'm just wondering if anyone has any unique suggestions to make the flights a bit easier. Any tips would be HUGELY appreciated! As this is only my second time flying since I was six, and my first time traveling at all with the RSD"Beast" on my back, I need all the help I can get.

Thank you all so much!
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SnowWhyte (01-30-2011)