View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Normally the femoral nerve is not affected... BUT...

Every person has slightly different anatomy. One person's Lateral Femoral nerve may be closer to the side of the thigh, and another's may be more toward the center of the thigh.

So since we cannot see inside of ourselves, we don't know the precise exact spot where that nerve comes out of the deeper portion of the abdomen.

I just had more luck with the two halves placed lengthwise over that half of the thigh, than one big patch on the side. I had alot of pain in the top center of my thigh. That is where I had a shot of demerol and phenergan after my C-section surgery. It has been learned that phenergan is very destructive to tissue, and perhaps it damaged me there as well. (it can cause necrosis in worst case scenarios).

In any event, that nerve comes to the surface from deeper in the abdomen, and it is easy to intercept with the Lidocaine at that spot.

Over the years, I have read patients on forums complain of muscle issues too with MP. Either they are misdiagnosed or the femoral nerve is affected sometimes too. I just go with what I know works, that's all.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 01-30-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: fixing spelling
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote