View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 02:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default your a blessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorigood243 View Post
The girl had RSD. her name is Andrea, she sometimes comes to this website.
I have internal RSD caused by being cut during surgery for the gallbladder. then 2 years later after countless doctors and getting sicker...a plastic surgeon thought it might help if they cut off all the swollen tissue on my abdomen...its gross..they cut me hip to hip, removing 25lbs of tissue. he tried to do this horrible operation as an outpatient!! everytime i tried to stand up blood leaked everywhere...so they finally decided to keep me...later that day when they put me in a room, i tried to stand up and get to the bathroom with the help of 2 nurses...then i passed out and went code blue, i died , then they brought me back. if i would have went home, i wouldnt be here now. i spent 1 week in the hospital recovering. after that surgery, i became diabetic, high blood pressure, my period stopped, i got horrible acid reflux, SO much went wrong in my body from all those nerves being cut on me side to side....it was devestating. I just found out 6 months ago that i had RSD after seeing Tyra...if she didnt have Andrea on that day, i still wouldnt know what i had.
I hope some day that there are more TV programs that discuss this illness, so many more people have it that are undiagnosed!
we just have to make the best of each day.
Hugs
Lori
Hi Lori your a blessing to be here today after all that and code blue your supose to be here on this earth , to show what strength is - kindness-and caring to others.

nevadabound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote