Thread: Newly Diagnosed
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 09:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been There Did That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaB View Post
I have been reading the threads for a few days now and have decided to post. Long story short. I injured my shoulder 9/09 had first surgery 12/09 had second surgery 9/10 and was diagnosed with CRPS Jan 11. I must say this has been a nightmare to say the least and WC is the worst. I'm not sure what my future holds as far as my job and getting back to work but dealy with the daily pain has been the focus. I had my first stellate ganglion block today and the pain went from 10 to 5 immediate but it has slowly been creeping back up. I have yet to get WC to approve the prescribed Amptriplyn which I really don't want to take due to all the crazy side effects. I'm looking for support, to give support, and others with similiar case issues. Thanks for listening.
Hi, I'm so sorry to read that you've been dx., with CRPS and also that WC will not grant you this med. Like yourself, I had an on the job injury and two surgeries, the CRPS was dx., later after I had reached MMI. And like yourself, I had a SGB with little results. Pain doc said that I didn't have CRPS but later changed his mind, and said that I had a mild case of it. Since then I've had two blocks and the last one was like a dream come true. I've had much relief going on one month now. But here is the kicker! When I went to see a DIME doctor WC didn't put the report in my file that the Pain doc said that I DID HAVE A MILD CASE OF CRPS. They only put in the report from the first SGB, that said that I didn't have CRPS. When I was being examined the DIME agreed that I wasn't at MMI but THAT I DIDN'T HAVE CRPS! When I read the report, I couldn't believe my eyes. Now I'm going to see an IME, who in all likelyhood will say that I'm at MMI and that I don't have CRPS.

Don't get me wrong, God knows I don't want this, but I know I've got it. I hope you have an attorney on your side and best of luck with WC! By the way that med you mentioned...beware!!! Been there tryed that! I'm rooting for you!
Lefty
lefty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote