View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
I always intended to follow my dreams. Nobody told me they'd get ahead of me so fast I wouldn't be able to catch up with them.
Blessings,

Was this serious, satirical, or simply a twist on words because we all have challenges?

We all have dreams as in things we would really like to do in life. The real question here, are we going to allow our adversity to steal our dreams? I for one say, no way in h***! If anything my adversity motivates me to experience my dreams with even more intent, if not only to spite the adversity.

Ask ourselves one question. What is the worst that could happen if we pursued our dreams under our current situations? We may feel depressed, in pain and just crappy right now sitting home. I propose follow our dreams and take advantage of their experience in our lives. We're going to feel depressed, in pain and crappy any way so let's go ahead and do it.

Please, allow me to use my recent experience as an example. You all pretty much know how I have daily symptom challenges, blah-blah-blah, right? Did that stop me from taking my wife on a long trip to Hawaii and going on all of those strenuous island excursions? My symptoms didn't go away on those days and most of the time the repercussions for the activities were high. Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY! Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY! Now the big question. Would I have regretted not doing it knowing what I know now? ABSOLUTELY!

I say go ahead and chase your dreams, make the best of it. Nothing will change in your life unless you make a change. Take the risk. What's the worst that can happen?

Richmond, VA USA
NeuroNixed Craig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-31-2011)