View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here couple of questions about my brothers RSD.

Hey I'm here for my brother who was diagnosed with RSD about 3 years ago. Over the time he has been getting a bit worse but nothing like what he has been dealing with lately. He has been getting severe stomach pain and the doctors don't know what to call it. His current doctor says he can't get RSD in his stomach. He descripes the feeling in his stomach as if someone has a knife in it. Laying on his stomach helps for some reason as well. It also comes and goes like his RSD but much worse in pain and its there atleast once a day.

First I would like to get into a bit of detail of what he has now too see if this is indeed RSD in his stomach or something else.

So he about 4 years ago he had really bad knee pains and they told him he had a growth defect in his knee which means he had extra cartilage or something. So he had surgery on both knees to fix that and in doing so he got RSD in both knees. He has been lucky thus far and after 3 years it hasn't spread (Took one year to even tell him he had RSD even had his doctor telling him he didn't need the Vicodin he wanted). So they put him Neurontin right away and lots of Vicodin. That didn't work that they put him on Neurontin Methadone and Narco. It was working well to suppress the pain for awhile but then this stomach pain started happening about a year ago. During this time he became severely constipated so they figured it was all the pain meds making him constipated and that was his stomach pain. Now they have taken him off of Methadone and Narco and gave him Suboxone and Valium. He is also taking Symbalta for depression as well as Triliptal for Bi-polar.

So I am wondering 2 things; Does he have RSD in his stomach? Also is there any other medication and or treatmeants he hasn't done for the RSD in his knees?
zukster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (01-31-2011)