View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I know it is not an option for everyone but if you are thinking of doing the scs I would get another opinion. That is what I did which led to the 3rd opinion since both said conflicting. I know a couple people who have had a scs. One it gave her life back but she tried everything before this. Another has had problems with it. It is hard to know and a personal choice. I will say it can take time to get on the right meds and doses. Also with blocks and meds it sometimes can be hard to know what is helping an not. I have flares where it is not from anything I am just having new symptoms or more pain.
As for ketamine I have mixed feelings on this. I think there is not enough long term data. I feel they don't follow up enough on people who have had it. That is concerning to me.
As for the time issue will obviously sooner is better then later since I think your brain becomes more sensitive to pain but I do know for ex that girl with the scs who had this condition for many years and then got the scs and now is doing well. Again not saying to do this or not cause for me I am not. I just don't like feeling the pressure some doctors give to try something
I hope regardless of what you do you get relief
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (01-31-2011), SnowWhyte (01-31-2011)