Thread: just lost it
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the support, i'm feeling a little better today mentally. Ill try to keep focused on the one day at a time thing. I guess sometimes i feel as my fiance doesnt understand what is going on, like accepting a couples bowling night invitation, and then i have to reminder her... Overrall though she has been very supportive and has a huge heart. My mother has had parkinsons for 3 years now and about 5 months back it really hit her hard and she basically needs in home care. My fiance will go up and take care of her when i cant, and has helped out more with that lately.

I like the idea of taking my fiance with me to the RIGHT doctors' visits. So far im not sure if ive found one of those yet. Both neuros i saw basically wanted to do the wait and see approach without even running blood work. Went purely off EMG results and in-office neuro test.

I have an MRI reading today of my pelvis which hopefully reveals some kind of fixable abnormality, but im not getting my hopes up too much. I have another Neurologist appointment in 2 weeks with a new DR, that probably will be better since they are part of the University of Cincinnati neurology group.

Thanks,
Steve
brohar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote