View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Perhaps you might ask us some questions that you are confused about.
I don't even know where to start or what to ask. I never in a million years thought I'd be BP. Heck I never even heard of it. No one in my family, that I know of anyway, had any sort of mental illness. Gosh I even hate to say those words but it's out there.

I thought when I finally got a diagnosis that I'd take some magic pill and be okay. No it's turned into a never ending battle of increase this, decrease that, try this. I'm tired of all the adjustments and dosage changes. He said mania is like being on top of the world. Heck I don't even know when I'm at the top. I just want to be me again, right in the middle. I'm not so sure that all these meds are doing anything and I'm seriously considering stopping them. Why? I found this today............

Quote:
Is it Curable?
No. Once the disorder develops it's there for life and must be dealt with otherwise it typically gets more severe over time. However, with the use of therapy and modern medications the bipolar person can lead a fairly normal life. Today, research and development of new treatments and medications is active and ongoing making it easier and easier to deal with.
Notice he said "fairly" normal life. So what's the use.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ