View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

I really don't think MP goes away by itself. I had it for over 15 yrs before the Lidoderms came out. It got worse each year!
Now it is just a light numbness... I rarely get the 100 bee sting pain anymore. (Heat and over-extending the leg can bring back twinges). I have to wonder at the definitions of MP..on some sites.. tingling... ppppfffffftttttt. I never had tingling. It started with a feeling of hot water running down my leg while standing, and progressed from there to PAIN.

Of course reading forums like this, for over a decade only brings those who are hurting still. But I have NEVER seen a person come back and say --its all gone by itself!

In fact I've seen some who did surgery and it came back even then!

About 7-8 yrs ago, there was a wonderful site on the net from a university, that gave all the medical papers published on the causes of MP.... it was a fabulous site! You wouldn't imagine all the causes! But they ran into cost and maintenance issues, and whoever maintained the site, moved on, so it was closed.
Surgeries, biopsies, diabetes, falls, blood clots, tight clothing, leg length disparities, sitting on a wallet in the back hip pocket, sports injuries, car accidents, harvesting ilium bone for bone grafts, etc etc etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote