View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Jessica, My dog has pancreatitis. He is on a prescription high fiber/low fat diet. If we aren't careful, he can lose too much weight. That, like Abby said, is a perfect basis for losing weight. Drinking a glass of water before eating helps. Eating slowly, chewing slowly and listening to your body when it says you are full helps too. Getting enough sleep will help. Keeping all "white" stuff out of your diet. Adding in as much fruits and veggies as you can. Some people swear by soup (minus any sodium) because it has lots of water, especially when there are a lot of veggies in it. Celery is a natural diuretic, so don't eat it too close to bedtime or you'll be up peeing all night. Take most of the sodium out of your diet. Eat whole foods.

Exercise is hard to do but there are easier ways to exercise. I don't normally tout products but this is really easy, uses both basic Pilates and strength training and doesn't take up much room. You can do it in "spurts" throughout the day or earlier in the day when you have more energy.

http://www.hsn.com/infomercial/tony-...=HF|hf0010|123

Look at all labels for any hidden sugars.

I have celiac disease so I've had to be super creative at getting more fiber in my diet. Nuts and seeds help.

I hope you can find a balance that works for you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote