Thread: Post new neuro
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, the short answer is that this guy did a 2 hour appointment with me as I new patient and it was very indepth as this is who he is a doc. I did have to just give a piece of what happened as it is a whole lot to digest and I need time to do that. I am happy about him doing this IV fluid thing when it was agreed to at the university by my Endo there but my internist who had stepped back to be a panel for a few months and stuck me with a student who mucked up the issue stopped. This dryness isnt all about the Sjogrens. Sure those tissues I mentioned are related to that. I have dealt with it for over 10 years and was diagnosed in 2006 with it. There is another issue with fluids that is not yet diagnosed that hits me hard when a drug that says it needs you drink enough water or give you dry mouth is taken. An example is Kdur a potassium drug. It says be sure to drink enough water. I called the pharmacist and said why. He asked me my age and said no worries that was just for elderly whose bodies have issues. I took one dose and in a few hours couldnt walk and got up to go to sink for water for how dry I was I fainted. It took me 12 hours of pushing water to get back to normal.

This guy deals with vitamin D deficiency regularly himself so HE made it an issue not me.

The neuro-optho dept at the university diagnosed the myositis in my left eye last July. When I couldnt tan anymore outside I was ok for a while there but then I started to show signs of the D getting low and I do get infections when that happens and that is why the myositis returned. I would love to go to a Rheumy for this. The great one I had for my Sjogrens graduated from the university and is in Nebraska now. She found my vit D issue. I was in demerol type pain and she suspected it could be the low D. It was. There is only one practice in my town of Rheumies and if you go to Ratemds and look at this guy you would know why he wasnt my first choice. Last time I needed him I got a very cold "it will take a month to get you in." And I begged and even talked to a nurse. Gettting into the one other guy in that practice is frowned upon here where I live and wouldnt likely be allowed. I considered asking my pcp to try.

With my records in such a state at the university I deeply question that a trip there for this to a rheumy would be taken seriously. Until I got that nice young female doc in that dept I was treated like I wasnt really sick back then. They were out right mean. I totally agree about a rheumy. Got one you can send me?

Tomorrow I am gonna have to take some action as this guy didnt do anything about the myositis. I am going thru too mcuh hydrocodone and even at that the pain is still wearing on me awful. It is from the base of my neck up all thru my head and eye area and down into my cheek on the left now.

I did discover that the eye clinic who called the neuro-optho after I saw them (couple months ago or so) to say I needed to seen left things out of the document. It is not as surprising they did set me up for an appointment for the myositis. A good bit of Time passed me thinking the appointment was being set via them.

I posted the thing about the vit D cause it was good news to me and I wanted to share that place with you all and not just something that didnt work or get thru. It was not at all something I expected or pushed for. Given what I have bee thru this is a big win no matter what the package it came in. And if this mega pill sends me to the ER at least this guy is just around the corner and will take care of me.

Annie59

Last edited by Annie59; 02-01-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote