View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I've loved Rubbermaid totes ever since I started building my yarn stash back in the early 90s. (been crocheting since I was 6, but didnt get into stashing yarn till I started making afghans) I have big totes, little totes, medium totes. Even have the file box totes for my crochet patterns. I think I'll go buy some new ones for the Xmas tree collection that I have right now. (my ornaments are in the special ornament Rubbermaid totes) My big tree has it's own huge Rubbermaid. My fabric Xmas bags live in a Rubbermaid file box.

I havent tried the vacuums since they got soggy. One of them (a Kenmore) was already kind of broken. (workman in the house a few years ago vacuumed up a couple of drill bits with it and did something to it.) The spinny part that has the brushes on it doesnt spin and we've replaced the rubber bandy thing that's supposed to make it spin a couple of times.

The Oreck that we got at Costco about a year or two ago has been a nice vacuum. Light enough for me to use even when having a wobbly flare. (dropped some dry cereal in my room)

Our cleaning lady tho has a Dyson. One of the older models, and I really like how it does the floor. I want the Dyson Ball vacuum tho. I probably need to go look and see how heavy the Dyson Ball is before running out and getting it. (just thought of that...what if it's heavy?)

I'm giving the Oreck a couple of more days before I plug it in and see if it got any damage from the water.

I did see a really cool Dyson hand vacuum the other day. Maybe we should get that (we need a decent hand vac) instead of the big Dyson Ball?

I'm weird. I like to vacuum. (I also like to wash clothes...which is really weird because I couldnt get my mom to let me even touch the washing machine till last year...she's really possessive about her washing machine)

Right now, I'm not sure I could really do much even with the light Oreck vacuum...this latest flare is sucking the life out of me. I can hardly climb the stairs. (have to crawl up, unless I use my mom's stair chair thingie)

If my Oreck works, I'm considering using it to do some "physical therapy". Light vacuuming every few days in small areas to try to get myself back into shape after the last couple of months of MS crap. (gonna go get real physical therapy as soon as I can get an appt with my regular doctor)

It was just really annoying to walk into the storeroom the other night and hear (and feel the squish) of a splash. Not happy at all. At least the water stayed away from the mini fridge and freezers. (they're not plugged into GFI's, I could have gotten zapped!) Once the bookcases are out of the way, the minifridge and freezer are going up on some bricks.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote