View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Peter B,

That's great news, and some of your suggestions won't hurt most of us to try. Did you try any PT exercises to improve posture? I know some folks with histories of heavy computer use with similar symptoms (self included) for whom exercises have worked wonders - particularly some of the chin tucks (can't find the name of the particular one I'm thinking of....)

I'm not familiar with the term "remedial" massage (though I get its meaning from context). Myofascial trigger point therapy (or massage - though it can be quite painful) achieves similar results. My wife & I have gotten some great pain relief from it, and the therapist taught us how to do it ourselves.
http://www.triggerpointbook.com/triggerp.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
To get off the Tramadol only a few days of restless legs, sneezing, nervy feeling. So I was becoming addicted, I think. Glad to be off it.
I think you mean you were becomming dependent - not addicted.

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote