View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaP View Post
Well, the third attempt at the blood patch didn't take so I made the plunge and had the surgery. I'm a little past the specified recovery period and am very pleased to report that it worked! I can sing, talk, listen to my husband's voice and other low tones without the vertigo. Now it's just the insta-headaches, if I'm too loud, I do still have some sound sensitivity in both ears, a brain thing not an ear thing. ;-) I am ultra paranoid about doing something to mess up the graft now.

The bad news, while the surgeon was in there he found signs of increased intracranial pressure which may explain why it didn't heal. So he put me on something to cut the fluid production while the graft was healing, sent me to a neuro-opthamologist to get my eyes checked (they looked okay but said the meds could be masking any problems so I have to go back a month or so after I stop the anti-fluid med). The neuro-optho ordered some MRI's to check things out, I'm waiting for that now. Then back to the neurologist, then who knows what?

The brain stuff is about the same as usual (sadly it hasn't changed much for the past 8 months), the neuro-optho thinks that most of my eye issues are from the brain injury which fits what the other docs have said. I still have some dizziness but it isn't the same as the vertigo I was having. I'm thankful for the improvement from the surgery, one piece at a time...I'll post more when I know more.
Excellent, I'm very pleased for you!
pbob10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (02-01-2011)