View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I feel ya

When I was first diagnosed my numbers were 185. I was super tired all the time, foggy, bad memory. Couldn't even talk properly. I was sick to my stomach, anxious, shaking... blah blah blah. Anyway, when i first started treatment, my first dr was giving me shots and told me to take 2000 mcg of B12 that disolves. I wasn't feeling much better.

I went to a new dr. He gives me shots every month but the dose in the shot is 100 mg. I have also been taking 3000 mcg of Methyl B-12. It HAS to be methyl. I noticed the difference when I bought a bottle of 5000 mcg that was NOT methyl and I slowly started to have my symptoms come back.

So make sure that your dr is giving you a high dose shot and that your disolving b12 is methyl. And go to 3000mcg. It's going to take some time to heal. It's been over a year and I still have days, sometimes weeks when I feel like crap. Stress can cause my symptoms to flare up. Low B12 causes nerve damage, sometimes if it takes a long time before you even knew about the defiency you may have perminent damage. Somethings will heal, some may not.

Good luck. You'll feel better soon I'm sure.
magenta272 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
drswami (02-01-2011)