View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 10:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Poll Finally saw my neuro!

I saw my neuro yesterday. I had 3 ER visits last week, really bad off, and the ER had started me on Mestinon which helped a little. My neuro upped the Mestinon to 60 mg every 6 hours. He is ordering a chest CT to check my thymus and talked about a thymectomy. He is also my Lyme doc, we went back through my chart over the last two years and found so many things that were clearly MG. He tested me and I have very poor neck strength, finger strength, etc. He referred to the ER doc who would not admit me or call him as he asked as an "asshole" repeatedly.

I also just tested positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. It's probably been lurking in my body for years from an old tick bite. Now I have to go see a special infectious disease doctor for that.

I started Physical Therapy and I HATE the PT. She refused to order me a wheelchair because she said if I can walk up and down the stairs I don't need one. I tried to explain MG to her but she doesn't get it at all. Later Blake told me her jacket said "USMC" on it.

Did most of you get a thymectomy, because it seems to be recommended in everything I read? If you get it, do you still get IVIG? Oh and I have an appt with the MDA clinic next week.
Tracy9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote