View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 02:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gjzh

Dear GJZH;

Oh my, I feel so bad for you for I know what you are going through. I have small fiber peripheral neuropathy - idiopathic. I started with foot pain in '98 & site injections were able to keep it under control until 2003. At that time, I had my first tarsel tunnel surgery (on both feet as once) done to give my nerves more room. The surgery didn't work and additional nerve damage and scar tissue made the pain unbelievable. I could not work and lost my job. Shortly afterward, my husband and I moved and my new podiatrist said he could fix my feet. 4 surgeries later, things were worse. Now 3 yrs. later, I have had every possible test involving nerves/nerve damage. The final word is that I have neuropathy. I live with good days and bad days but even on the good days there is pain. On the bad days, nothing really helps and its agonizing. I also have fibromyalgia and a neurogenic bladder also caused by the neuropathy. I have been under the care of a pain management doctor for the last 2 years and have a regular pain regimen:

Cymbalta - 90 mgs.
Lyrica - 300 mg. twice per day
Vitamin B12
Methadone - 70 mgs. per day
Percocet - as needed for Breakthrough Pain

I hope that you will be able to find the pain med(s) right for you. I do not recommend narcotics across the board, but for me, the methadone & percocet have been life savers. I could not imagine living a life where every day was torture. Narcotics DO have their place helping patients with severe chronic/intractable pain.

GJZH - With all of your surgeries, you probably have experienced a lot of pain. Nerve pain is a "different animal" and I wish you the best of luck as you search for a solution suitable for your situation!

Take care;
Nancy-H

Last edited by nancy-h; 02-25-2007 at 03:22 AM.
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote