View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear SeekingMom,

How did you get on when you called the doctor back? I actually attempted to respond to your post before now, but wasn't able to I'm sorry due to unforeseen circumstances.

Your son is 12 years old now, but I'm wondering when any of his symptoms actually began. (apart from the anger episodes I mean. You said they began about 6 months ago).

Are these tics really new?

Is he doing well in school? Have any of his teachers over the years suggested any concerns with him there, or with his peers?

I would be very concerned about a doctor prescribing medication and giving an all encompassing diagnosis after only 5 minutes.

If you wish to get another opinion, then there is information at the TSA-USA site. Link Below. If you live elsewhere, please let us know.
TSA-USA Newly Diagnosed
Quote:
Call TSA at 718-224-2999 or email us to find a doctor who specializes or Allied Professional (Counselor, Psychologist, Social Worker) in Tourette Syndrome - to confirm the diagnosis and to advise you of available treatment options. We'll send you a list of practitioners in your area. We'll also send you a packet which gives basic information about Tourette Syndrome.
Just my personal opinion, but I would be wanting to know exactly what's going on with my son before taking the advice about medication for anything really... tics, or otherwise.

I'm wondering also if you see any triggers to his anger episodes at all? Do they happen just out of the blue, or can you figure out that they happen after school, or when the household is really hectic, or in any other particular situations?

Up until this past doctor's visit, has your son ever had any other diagnoses or ill health? Has he been physically ill prior to any of his symptoms occurring.

DSM-IV-TR: Tourette's Disorder (TR is text revised)
http://www.behavenet.com/capsules/di...touretteTR.htm

Common Tics of TS (pdf)

Last edited by Lara; 02-02-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (02-03-2011)