Thread: Post new neuro
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another doc for the myositis and lots of blood work

This neuro wanted to peg the face pain as migraine and give me that med. I was holdeing my forehead at times so I get that but then I told him the full extent of the pain in my face and he backed off for now on the migraine med. He got angry that they did no blood work on me to diagnose it. He added this to his blood work. He ordered lots.

So given I know I cant deal with the myositis alone at this point like I did in the summer my daughter and I decided that I would see the pcp that does my acupuncture and get my acupuncture which is over due and have a standard appointment as well about the myositis. This fella is not my regular pcp I discuss here. He is a very kind man and has helped me alot with the acupuncture but I am embarrassed that I have trouble understanding his thick oriental accent.

In the mean time I started the steroid eye drop I have for my eye inflammation from Sjogrens/dry eye. The blepharitis has been alot worse with this. The pain went down some after starting this.

I noticed that in the sheet for blood work he has a diagnosis of Lyme disease and listed a lyme blood test. He asked if I had ever had a tick in me good. I said yes when I was a little girl on a fishing trip with granparents in backwoods.

I am kinda burned out on doctors more than even before. I am not sure why I was able to retain the hope and faith I had for a new doc and docs I had before. This last appointment could really really help if this vit D and fluids thing works out as it is a huge problem and it does make me weaker in itself. But beyond that there was alot of bad that has me down all over again. I admit tho on steroids I do go into a down place to it is probably both.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote