View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Neurontin @ 200 mg 3x day = 600mg/day. That is a starter dose to start titrating up to a point where symptoms start to feel better-usually about 1800 to 3200 mgs/day in divided doses. It has to be in effect 24/7 equally.
All drugs effect individuals differently. I'm taking 100 mg. neurontin as needed, and that's only been twice in the past two weeks. I don't know what the "starter" dose is, other than what the drug companies recommend (300mg. 3x/day for Neurontin according to the PDR), which (as in the case of oxycontin a few years ago) may be somewhat exaggerated - they're in the business of selling drugs. (I could make a similar comparison to dog food.)

Prevailing wisdom is to find/take the smallest dose necessary to achieve a reasonable level of comfort.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 02-02-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote