View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

I am on my second day of not eating sugar and I feel great! It is noon and I don't feel weak yet, haven't taken Mestinon today yet, although I will shortly. I do still have that heavy feeling in my muscles that never goes away with MG, but I am amazed at how good I feel.

Is it possible that not eating sugar and other foods that give me a sore throat can make this much of a difference and so quickly? I must admit that I am craving sugar, maybe I also have some kind of a yeast problem, even though I have no symptoms...I think craving sugar is a symptom of a yeast infection, maybe that is why I am getting a scratchy throat when I eat sweet things...I wonder, am I feeding yeast in my throat?

I have been taking two doses of Mestinon daily (reduced from previous 4 to 5), yesterday the second dose bothered me, made me nervous and my facial muscles tightened and I ended up with face cramps because I couldn't relax my face. I was jittery and kept dropping things because I was moving too fast last night, and I was having difficulty speaking because I was talking too fast, I don't like this side effect of Mestinon.

When I mention this nervousness effect of Mestinon on me, a few people here have mentioned that I may have Graves (hyperthyroid). I want to say here that I have looked up the symptoms multiple times and I am pretty sure I don't have hyperthyroid. The symptoms, other than the nervousness (and a few overlapping MG symptoms such as weakness and double vision), don't fit me at all. If anything, I am hypothyroid because I have a tendency to be cold all the time, but hypothyroid symptoms don't fit me either. I think my nervousness is from the Mestinon, and the nervousness gets worse as my MG symptoms get less, and it is always after I take Mestinon.

I am confused as how to alter my Mestinon dosage so I don't get these symtoms when I am feeling better. I feel like I should be enjoying good days instead of dealing with side effects from Mestinon. I don't get side effects anymore from Mestinon when my MG is bad, only when I am feeling good.

I think I'll lower my Mestinon dose again if I still feel good later today.

If I continue feeling like this, I should be able to work again. Of course, I need to be careful, because last year I started feeling better, and I went back to work and my MG got worse and it has only recently recovered.
No point in finding a job if I can't keep working.

Does anyone else have trouble with Mestinon when your MG symptoms are minimal? How do you adjust your dosage?

Maybe I am feeling better recently due to this work on reducing my allergies and because I finally quit working.

Sorry for the rambling, but I got excited, and I LOVE to hear when others are doing well, it has always given me hope.

I think I'll play some music and dance a little, I haven't been able to do that for a while, I feel bouncy, like a weight has lifted...I wonder how long this will last.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote