View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramE View Post
I am, of late, having mild frequent "blasts" of smells unrelated to anything I'm near, wearing, down-wind of, or can identify. Is this a neuron gone crazy thing or do I (yippee) have something else coming up in my rearview mirror?

Thanks to all.
Pat
Ps if there really was a thing that gave a real rear view I would not own it because glancing at it sidewise is bad enough!

Hi Gram,

I did note that very mildly, when I was in my rsd days, prior to the 2nd accident, which caused a tbi. Then, I smelled things, heard things, saw things and felt things that weren't necessarily there.
That 2nd accident also blew my rsd into orbit, so who's to know what caused it. But, with rsd, I noticed that I became far more 'sensitive' to things like 'other folks woes, and pains.' I became the 'come to person' (for ones in pain, or who were ill and needed comfort), for my family, especially my children and step children (which drove 2nd wife crazy beyond what she was naturally . The daughters, all came to me for comfort, because I got to be called Colonel comfort. (after graduating from Captain).
Nice.
But, I think, since rsd affects our sympathetic systems, that most anything can be caused by it, and sometimes some good things!

Hope you smell pleasant things! Roses!

Be well,

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (02-02-2011), Wilbyfree (02-02-2011)