View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 06:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neck and Head pain after using arm

I'm hoping that someone else has heard of this type of pain as
I am beginning to lose hope.
I have been having pain in the right side of my neck, in the rear, and it goes up the back of my head, sometimes I feel it on the side in back of my ear, and I also have pain around my right eye. The strange thing is that I only experience this after I use my right arm. If I don't use my arm, I don't get the pain. But if I use it to lift something even as little as a gallon of milk, it sets off this pain cycle that lasts 3-4 days. It's very difficult to not use the arm, so I end up having pain most of the time. It does not respond to over the counter pain meds, but it does respond to vicodin or percocet.
I have been to physical therapy (made it worse), had an mri of my cspine (showed arthritis), went to a pain management center who wanted to do a nerve block but he seemed really unsure if it would help so I did not go through with it. I also consulted with a neurosurgeon who said he had no idea and it wasn't anything surgical so he couldn't do anything else.
I have decided I need to try again to get some relief from this as it is bringing me down.
Has anybody experienced a similar situation and if so were you successful at getting any treatment?
Thanks for any advice!
Betsy
betsymcl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote